Jesus did many miracles. Even ancient documents not a part of the Bible attest to this. The gospels tell many miracles that Jesus did.
Why did Jesus do miracles? Did he have to do miracles?
John 5:36 - 6 But I have a greater witness than John—my teachings and my miracles. The Father gave me these works to accomplish, and they prove that he sent me.
Some of the things he did were prophesied of my Old Testament prophets
Isaiah 35:5-6 (New International Version)
5 Then will the eyes of the blind (Matthew 9:27-31) be opened
and the ears of the deaf (Mark 7:31-37) unstopped.
6 Then will the lame leap (Matthew 9:1-8) like a deer,
and the mute tongue shout (Matthew 9:32-33) for joy.
Water will gush forth in the wilderness
and streams in the desert.
Isaiah 61:1-3 (NIV)
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor [Jesus stops reading right here as recorded in Luke 4. Pretty incredible].
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.
The people that Jesus healed would have all be outcast from the religious system. Unclean. Unworthy. Not perfect. Not accepted. And here was God ushering in the kingdom by granting them wholeness. Granting them a cure for what kept them away. Jesus was telling the world that something new was here.
Jesus did certain miracles to prove God sent him. To prove who He was. Many of the miracles have echoes of events Israel went through (through the sea, etc.). He did miracles to explain the new thing he was doing (healing on the sabbath, water into wine, etc.)
12 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. 13 You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. 14 Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it! – John 14:12-14
The Miracles of Jesus
1a. Jesus was born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18-25)
1. Jesus changed water into wine (John 2:1-11).
2. Jesus cured the nobleman's son (John 4:46-47).
3. The great haul of fishes (Luke 5:1-11).
4. Jesus cast out an unclean spirit (Mark 1:23-28).
5. Jesus cured Peter's mother-in-law of a fever (Mark 1:30-31).
6. Jesus healed a leper (Mark 1:40-45).
7. Jesus healed the centurion's servant (Matthew 8:5-13).
8. Jesus raised the widow's son from the dead (Luke 7:11-18).
9. Jesus stilled the storm (Matthew 8:23-27).
10. Jesus cured two demoniacs (Matthew 8:28-34).
11. Jesus cured the paralytic (Matthew 9:1-8).
12. Jesus raised the ruler's daughter from the dead (Matthew 9:18-26).
13. Jesus cured a woman of an issue of blood (Luke 8:43-48).
14. Jesus opened the eyes of two blind men (Matthew 9:27-31).
15. Jesus loosened the tongue of a man who could not speak (Matthew 9:32-33).
16. Jesus healed an invalid man at the pool called Bethesda (John 5:1-9).
17. Jesus restored a withered hand (Matthew 12:10-13).
18. Jesus cured a demon-possessed man (Matthew 12:22).
19. Jesus fed at least five thousand people (Matthew 14:15-21).
20. Jesus healed a woman of Canaan (Matthew 15:22-28).
21. Jesus cured a deaf and mute man (Mark 7:31-37).
22. Jesus fed at least four thousand people (Matthew 15:32-39).
23. Jesus opened the eyes of a blind man (Mark 8:22-26).
24. Jesus cured a boy who was plagued by a demon (Matthew 17:14-21).
25. Jesus opened the eyes of a man born blind (John 9:1-38)
26. Jesus cured a woman who had been afflicted eighteen years (Luke 13:10-17).
27. Jesus cured a man of dropsy (Luke 14:1-4).
28. Jesus cleansed ten lepers (Luke 17:11-19).
29. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead (John 11:1-46).
30. Jesus opened the eyes of two blind men (Matthew 20:30-34).
31. Jesus caused the fig tree to wither (Matthew 21:18-22).
32. Jesus restored the ear of the high priest's servant (Luke 22:50-51).
33. Jesus rose from the dead (Luke 24:5-6).
34. The second great haul of fishes (John 21:1-14).
There are even more than aren’t included on this list!
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them was written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. – John 21:25.
List taken from - https://www.christianity.com/jesus/life-of-jesus/miracles/what-miracles-did-jesus-perform.html