Sermon: The Motivation of Breakthrough
In order to be the church God uses we have to bring someone along with us. There are so many things that get in the way of being all that God wants us to be. Breakthrough comes when we take the focus off ourselves and bring someone else along. This is a real test of faith.
Today is the day to give our end of the year offering at ConnectUsChurch.org/Multiply
Click HERE to view an online version of the vision booklet.
Click HERE to respond to the "two services response card."
Sermon Points and Questions
1. What do you do when you face some reistance? Whether it be in your personal life or also in the life of someone you life?
2. What are some barriers to breakthrough that you've experiened in your life?
3. How have you seen the phrase "You haven't really started trying until you've brought someone along with you" play out in your life? Have you tried this? If so, how did it grow your faith?
4. What is one practical way "your faith in this room today will make ministry possible to people we've only dreamed about tomorrow?"
5. How has your faith been built by seeing God at work in someone else's life?
The Church God Uses
1. Be Available
3. Give What We Got
4. Big Faith
1.Write the name of a person you are believing God will transform their life
2. Bring your Multiply Offering - HERE
3. Two Services Response Card - HERE
Jesus Heals a Paralyzed Man
2 When Jesus returned to Capernaum several days later, the news spread quickly that he was back home. 2 Soon the house where he was staying was so packed with visitors that there was no more room, even outside the door. While he was preaching God’s word to them, 3 four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a mat. 4 They couldn’t bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, so they dug a hole through the roof above his head. Then they lowered the man on his mat, right down in front of Jesus. 5 Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “My child, your sins are forgiven.”
6 But some of the teachers of religious law who were sitting there thought to themselves, 7 “What is he saying? This is blasphemy! Only God can forgive sins!”
8 Jesus knew immediately what they were thinking, so he asked them, “Why do you question this in your hearts? 9 Is it easier to say to the paralyzed man ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or ‘Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk’? 10 So I will prove to you that the Son of Man[a] has the authority on earth to forgive sins.” Then Jesus turned to the paralyzed man and said, 11 “Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!”
12 And the man jumped up, grabbed his mat, and walked out through the stunned onlookers. They were all amazed and praised God, exclaiming, “We’ve never seen anything like this before!”
Connecting You To What's Next!
Your Next Step Group
- Popcorn With The Pastor after the service.
- Next Sunday 9:00am. Step Up! Group continues. Discipleship pathway group 2.
- Engage Group will start again soon. Sign up so we can plan when to start. Disicpleship pathway group 3.
Small Groups and Bible Studies
- Tony Koch small group. Hosted at the Farrell’s. Sunday evenings 6-7pm.
- Shannen and Jerrod Logue are hosting a small group around "The Chosen" series at their Crossings Apartment club house Sunday evenings 6pm.
Your generosity connects people to God's next step for their life!